VectorLinux
September 15, 2014, 04:36:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 957 times)
tomh38
Vectorian

« on: August 10, 2009, 07:42:46 am »

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I've been absent from these forums for so long.  My mother has been hospitalized for some months now, and though I've had time to spend on the Internet, I haven't had much energy to actually write anything, share ideas, tell jokes, or anything like that.  Mostly I'm feeling emotionally exhausted, and am being treated for depression.

If you pray, please pray for my mother.  If you don't pray, throw a coin in a fountain or something.  At the worst it can't hurt.  She's actually making a slow recovery, and should be able to go home or into assisted living some time this month, so things are getting a little easier.

Thank you all,
Tom

P.S.  You might find this funny:  http://americancomedynetwork.com/animation.html?bit_id=25239

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:56:46 am »

Hi Tom,

My best wishes for you and your family.

Roy

P. S. Ol' Blue Eyes woulda been proud.
Hiero2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:14 am »

This will be a difficult time. We feel for you, and your family. It's trite, but know it is true - these things will pass. If you can find more humor, it does help. You will be in our prayers.

Best Regards
Mark, aka Hiero2
MikeCindi
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 04:39:15 pm »

I was wondering where you were. I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.
Mike

The plans of the diligent lead to profit...Pro. 21:5
VL64 7.1b3                                     RLU 486143
Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:21:20 pm »

Hi Tom,

I'll pray for your mother and for you - AND toss in some coins!

Hang in there, pal - you've got a lot of good online friends here, if you need us.

Please don't forget that the sun always rises, even in the darkest of times!

- Howard

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: