VectorLinux
September 23, 2014, 02:10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cant find proper linux driver for Epson Stylus SX105  (Read 3114 times)
jarika

« on: July 23, 2009, 01:01:20 am »

Hi,

I have Vector Linux 6.0 and I just bought new Epson Stylus SX105 all-in-one printer. Now I have major problems with that machine... I cant find proper linux driver for that printer.

BTW, CUPS finds the printer and knows that its connected to my USB port but it still needs some driver or *.PPD file (I tried one PPD file that I found from my windows laptop but it doesnt work). I cant anything at this moment. I have also tried to instal some other drivers which I found from web but no-one works (those were ment for debian, fedora and ubuntu etc but it seems that theres no driver for vector).

So, if someone could help me with this problem I'll be more than glad.

cheers

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 04:45:25 am »

I noticed that your printer is listed as "corrected" in Gutenprint 5.2.3:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=900635

VL6 comes with an older version (5.0.2). Upgrading may help. If you can't find a suitable Slackware (12.1) package, try posting a request in the "New package request" section of this forum.
jarika

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:17:09 am »

hi,

and thanks for your reply... I'll try those tricks you told me and I let you know how it goes.  Smiley
jarika

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:16:19 am »

Hello again,

Gutenprint 5.2.3 seems to include driver for my printer, anyway the slackware version of VL6.0 is not compatible with new Gutenprint version. So, I have to try request new package from another section of this forum - as you thought. Thanks for your tips.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: