VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 05:34:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MMSD 2.0? for Vl-6.0  (Read 2726 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: August 01, 2009, 08:10:16 pm »

Hi
Just curious about the MMS disk availability for VL-6.0std..I liked the ardour and hydrogen programs amoung others on the 1.5 mmb/s disk but hydrogen requires a lot of additions with vl-6 so wondered if it would be packaged again for simplier addition ...perhaps it is already available if I order vl-6 soho?..I think the packages are  in the repository but the SOLUTUTION disk made it easier..as vl-6 was on the way I did not order the vl5.9 soho version but believe it included the bonus disk...perhaps there is a list of programs included for the 6.0 package or the solutions disk will come later as it did for 5.9? not sure how it is being presented as I came in with the release of 5.9 std.

thanks

Everything Is Relative
Dweeberkitty
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:37:23 am »

I have almost been wondering this myself. I have been waiting for an alpha/beta of VL6 SOHO to come out so work on MMBD2 can begin. The main issue is that SOHO6 will be using KDE4 and many programs on the disc are kde programs. This means that I really need a working SOHO system with KDE4 to build the next disc. The original goal was to create the disc such that it does come out at the same time as the next SOHO, but I'm not sure how things will pan out.

Perhaps I should just begin with VL6 Standard and then rebuild/modify for SOHO, but things could get messy if I don't have the actual KDE libraries and such to build against that will be used in SOHO.

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »

Thanks Dweederkitty
Was just curious..messy may be conservative..kde4 sounds good to me... will look forward to more great works in the future.
thanks

Everything Is Relative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: