Author Topic: HELP!!! pci wireless card not detected....invalid driver.....somebody help  (Read 1543 times)

tmoney_wizfan

Hello,

I'm semi new to vector linux; I've installed it on this computer, then tried other flavors of linux, then have come back to it now (reformatting my hard drive many times in the process), but this is a problem I did not have the first time I installed vector: 

Basically, vasm will not auto-detect my wireless card (Linksys wmp54g ver 4.1.......RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI 1814:0301).  I tried using ndiswrapper with two different windows drivers (rt61.inf and rt2500.inf) but it will install them (I think) but when you use the ndiswrapper -l command, it shows that those drivers are installed, but invalid drivers!

Can someone help me with this?  It's definitely driving me insane. ??? >:( ???

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
I assume you're installing 6.0 STD, if you are not, you need to ;)

Just use the provided VLwifi utility, it should do the job without you having to jack with ndiswrapper manually

tmoney_wizfan

hmmmm...i'm actually using 5.8 gold i think.... maybe i'll give 6.0 light a try and then see if it gives me probs.    :'(

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
You will have a lot of better chances using VL Light, the wireless support in the Linux kernel and the support provided by 3rd party drives are much better now.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!