VectorLinux
July 29, 2014, 12:18:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GoogleAds for Windows 7 on the VL Forum!  (Read 1737 times)
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« on: August 13, 2009, 12:06:49 pm »

<RANT>
So now we are getting GoogleAds for Windows 7 on the VL Forum, for crying out loud! And they are supposed to be targeted according to the contents of the site they are on... Angry
</RANT>

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:26:01 pm »

Hey, look at it this way: M$ dollars going to VL in the form of ad revenue.  Tongue
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:35:24 pm »

LMAO

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:11:05 am »

Actually, I saw one yesterday that disturbed me a lot more than a W7 ad.
Headline was "Automatic Forum Posting".   Angry
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 03:01:16 am »

Actually, I' ve been thinking of getting me Windows 7 to replace the Vista on this box.

I wonder why they advertise for it at all; Vista is reason enough to want to "upgrade"  to 7.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 05:23:49 pm »

To my surprise, I ordered a copy of Win 7 during that "preorder by July 11 at 50% off" sale Microsoft and many dealers were offering. I don't know if I'll actually install it. I don't use Windows much and for my limited use, XP is fine. I would put it on my Athlon 64 X2 desktop if I decide to install it. If I decide against it, I figure I can sell the unopened copy for more than I paid for it.

My Vista laptop developed a fatal hardware flaw, most likely the power system or motherboard. It's out of warranty, of course, so I doubt it would be worthwhile to pay someone to fix it.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 06:07:47 pm »

Quote from: The Headacher
... wonder why they advertise for it at all; Vista is reason enough to want to "upgrade"  to 7.

Headacher, I think you really missed the point, man.

Vista IS the advertisement for Win 7

Tongue Grin

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: