VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 02:00:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: streaming Youtube / Totem  (Read 2726 times)
Bronko

« on: July 08, 2009, 02:17:33 am »

Hello!

Do any of you know a media player that is like Totem capable of searching for & streaming/playback of videos from Youtube?

I could not find any but this feature is incredibly useful for me. I don't want to live without it after switching from Ubuntu, as I used my Laptop as videoplayer connected to a TV. Unfortunately the Totem version available via GSLAPT is outdated and does not contain the Youtube-plugin. I tried to compile more recent versions but was always confronted with unsatisfied dependencies. Besides that I am quite new to Linux and don't have a real idea about how to get it done.

Would someone capable be willing to package a new version of Totem with the Youtube-plugin?
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:18:39 am »

Maybe VLC can do it

Btw, Welcome to vl

Bronko

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:43:55 am »

Maybe VLC can do it

Well, yes, playback. But I would have to manually extract the url of each *.flv which is not quite convenient...  Sad

The big advantage of Totem over the Youtube website/flashplayer is that it integrates search, playlist and playback.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:57:41 pm »

I installed gnome-2.26.1 with the latest totem. You can find it here even with 2.26.3.

http://www.slacky.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2475

I too like Totem
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: