VectorLinux
August 31, 2014, 12:11:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse freezes after loggin on with chestnut dialer  (Read 1258 times)
frank56

« on: September 03, 2009, 11:56:54 am »

I loggon successfully with chestnut-dialer right on first run. But my mouse froze right after that, almost immediately after that. I only want to restart or shutoff computer, with the keyboard. I was desperate last time this happened and I had to re install Vector. I wonder if i have a conflict with modem and other program. I had, etethernet connection running at the same time this happened. Frank
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:09:15 pm »

Sounds like in the ISA days when serial mice would conflict with modem IRQ's.  Huh

A couple of things to try:
If you have a usb mouse, try it.
Press Alt-F2, or Ctrl-Alt-F2. If that gets you to the command line, use command "sudo shutdown -h now".
Assuming VL6.0 and ATX motherboard: Touch the power button to initiate shutdown.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: