VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: cannot change keyboard map and login screen language  (Read 3528 times)

zoli4290

cannot change keyboard map and login screen language
« on: September 13, 2009, 06:38:07 am »

Hi,
I have just installed VL6-Standard-Gold. It seemed that everything went well during the installation except two issues:
1. I cannot change my default keymap to hu (Hungarian) locale. I used VasmCC to change it; it was confirmed at the end of the process. However nothing actually changed; it defaulted to the us map again in the background. I found no way to temporarily/permanently change it to hu keyboard map.
2. I managed to change the language to Hungarian at the login screen. When I confirmed a permanent change the distro language went to Hungarian, but after logging out the login screen defaulted to English again. Funny enough, when I login again applications keep using Hungarian but login returns to English.
Any solution?
Rgds
zoli4290
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 06:40:38 am by zoli4290 »

stretchedthin

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Opensourcebistro.com
Re: cannot change keyboard map and login screen language
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:11:44 pm »

Don't know the answer myself but this may help.

Make VectorLinux speak your language.
Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee

no2thesame

• Packager
  • Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:28 am »

Hi,
I have just installed VL6-Standard-Gold. It seemed that everything went well during the installation except two issues:
1. I cannot change my default keymap to hu (Hungarian) locale. I used VasmCC to change it; it was confirmed at the end of the process. However nothing actually changed; it defaulted to the us map again in the background. I found no way to temporarily/permanently change it to hu keyboard map.

Zoli,
this is a problem with VASM, it can be fixed, see my last post on this thread:
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=9522.0

Bruce

zoli4290

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:42 am »

Thank you no2thesame, I appreciate. It is the solution for both issues. Hopefully Vasm/VasmCC will soon be fixed for this.

no2thesame

• Packager
  • Vectorite
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:34:22 pm »

Thank you no2thesame, I appreciate. It is the solution for both issues. Hopefully Vasm/VasmCC will soon be fixed for this.

Great news Zoli,
can you please add "(Solved)" to the title on the thread now.

Thanks,
Bruce