1. Please specify which version of VL you installed? VL 6 Standard/Gold?
2. When did you see the caching fonts failed message? During installation, only once? Or, everytime you boot your system?
3. Please check vasm to determine which boot mode is selected and report back. You can find it by: Vasm, [super], Xwindow, Bootset
4. Do you know what graphics card your system uses? You can determine this by issuing 'lspci | grep VGA' (you need to be root to do this).
5. Please let us know which driver is being used for your graphics card? You can determine this by issuing 'cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver' (it will likely be the last one listed) (you need to be root to do this).
Sorry for all the questions but hopefully this will allows us to help you more directly.