VectorLinux
July 26, 2014, 08:47:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCI Ultra ATA / 133 IDE Controller  (Read 1863 times)
haywire
Vectorian

« on: September 04, 2009, 11:35:46 pm »

I tried to add this to my linux box and vector does not see it, or any drives connected to it.

Is there some vectorlinux drivers or generic linux drivers for this? Anyone else using this?

Steven
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:48:50 am »

I've used several of these kinds of cards. Never needed any additional drivers.

Do the drives show up in the text that scrolls by before the OS loads? Use the "Pause" key to stop the progress if necessary, "Space" to resume.
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 04:38:14 pm »

No and I think the problem somehow is hardware. Like this card works in every other pc but dosn't seem to start in this one. In the other pcs the card shows some indication that it is detecting drives attached... Nada for this pc, nothing happens after boot.

I think it may be the bios, or the stupid INTEL BOOT AGENT grabbing control of something? Its an intel desktop board, so thats strange. I will try it on another pc and see what happens.

Steven
aboniup75

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:14:52 am »

i have a pci ide controller that has a hard drive of 250gb but rightnow i cant find it in my linux, in windows i see all of them but in linux i cant find any of it, it shows that the pci controller is installed but i cant just find the hard drive
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 04:56:16 am »

I had a similar experience a while back... I couldn't get it to work, so I returned it and bought me some IDE to SATA adaptors instead. Those work like a charm.

GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:37:35 pm »

i have a pci ide controller that has a hard drive of 250gb but rightnow i cant find it in my linux, in windows i see all of them but in linux i cant find any of it, it shows that the pci controller is installed but i cant just find the hard drive

Did you run
fdisk -l
as root? That's fdisk -ELL, not fdisk -EYE. The command should list all the drives Linux sees whether or not they are mounted.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: