VectorLinux
July 22, 2014, 01:12:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What the????  (Read 2030 times)
Bjrnarlinux

« on: October 09, 2009, 07:56:23 am »

So Barack Obama won the Nobel peace prize. Why? Am i the only one who doesn't see why he should win it?

He hasn't really done that much with his foreign policy except talk to some people and continuing the war in Afghanistan and extending it into pakistani territory. I ask myself what the commite has been smoking.

Bjørnar

Life is Beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.

Leon Trotskys last words
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 08:48:21 am »

So Barack Obama won the Nobel peace prize. Why? Am i the only one who doesn't see why he should win it?

You are not alone, I also don't see a reason for him to win it.

He hasn't really done that much with his foreign policy except talk to some people and continuing the war in Afghanistan and extending it into pakistani territory. I ask myself what the commite has been smoking.

...not to mention also trying to tell Israel what to do and taking our support away from our (probably former) ally near Russia (whatever it's called) doesn't seem conducive to peace to me.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
Bjrnarlinux

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:19:17 am »

You are not alone, I also don't see a reason for him to win it.

...not to mention also trying to tell Israel what to do and taking our support away from our (probably former) ally near Russia (whatever it's called) doesn't seem conducive to peace to me.
[/quote]

Well, i guess we an agree that he doen't deserve the prize, but on the things you've mentioned i kind off support him. I absolutely abhor what Israel is doing to Palestine and the rocket shield was a very bad idea IMO. It's the whole Afghanistan thing that pisses me off.

Bjørnar

Life is Beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.

Leon Trotskys last words
hippyredneck
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 07:45:48 pm »

"So Barack Obama won the Nobel peace prize. Why? Am i the only one who doesn't see why he should win it?"

You and most all reasonable and sensible others I suspect.

The prize is meaningless.

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.” ~ Albert Einstein
flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 07:56:51 pm »

Mr. Alfred Nobel... hmm
 Ironically made his fortunes by inventing, manufacturing, and selling, nitroglycerin dynamite to the world's standing militaries. Then after he made his killing, writes a will to establish the Nobel Peace Prize for the person most recognized for reducing those very same militaries. The absurd logic here is quite consistent, no? 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:00:08 pm by flip city » Logged

cintyram
Packager

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 07:25:16 am »

Did I just discover the secret? Am I also going to get a Nobel Prize?

In case people are wondering.. the secret is.... drum roll please ...  The Nobel Prize is not what it is cracked up to be Smiley
Well So what if the Nobel committee doesnt hang out on VL forums.. I'll gladly accept the VL Award, The highest international honor for VL users, as a recognition of the aspirations of computer users around the world, and what we Vectorites are doing about it, And not just a recognition of my personal achievements Smiley
Thank you Thank you
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:04 pm »

Should that not be moved to the "Joke and Jokers Section" as the Joke of the Century
never_stop_learning
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:45 pm »

The Nobel Committee has a longstanding, deep dislike for GWB. IMO, BHO was given the Nobel Peace Prize because he is not GWB.

Laptop: IBM X60s (Centrino/Duo, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Netbook: HP Mini (Intel Atom 1ghz, 2gb ram, 16gb SSD + 8gb flash ) VL 6.0 Std
Desktop: Dell Dimension 5150 (P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Wife's Desktop: Gateway (P4 2ghz, 1gb ram, 80gb hd) VL 6.0 Std
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 09:52:10 pm »

...not to mention also trying to tell Israel what to do and taking our support away from our (probably former) ally near Russia (whatever it's called)

Georgia

I thought the decision was very silly, too

The only peace that the US offers now, the only peace that is indeed feasible at all in the world of human beings, is the peace of unburied dead
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:54:59 pm by Döden » Logged

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: