Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Stupid dosbox questions...  (Read 945 times)

• Vectorian
Stupid dosbox questions...
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:27:07 pm »

I have been using and enjoying dosbox alot with vectorlinux.

I was wondering though if anyone knows if there is a way you can autostart a dos application from a desktop icon. That is, without having to mount the
dos drive and manually type to the directory and type in the executable.

I don't see much in the docs about like maybe you can editing the autoexec.bat file. Its on drive z : which I have no idea how or if I can get to
on the linux desktop. I am wondering if there are paramaters you can call while excuting dosbox. Like dosbox mount c: /home/steven/dos then a
command to go to the directory you want and run the executable file from that directory.

I mean, its a little thing having to manually navigate and type to start a game or whatever, but I wanted to see if I could just point and click to start my selected dos applications...

Any help or thoughts on doing this would be appreciated...

• Vectorian
Re: Stupid dosbox questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »

I suspect your thought that you will need to edit autoexec.bat is correct.  I use dosemu.  Dosemu puts a hidden file in my home directory which allows me to edit autoexec bat.  I get there with Thunar (.dosemu>drive_c).  I have autoexec.bat set up to automatically run foxprox (2.6) and open a command window whenever I type "dosemu" in the xterm command line. I did this by adding the following lines at the end of autoexec.bat:

cd \fpd26\bills

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511