VectorLinux
April 18, 2014, 05:47:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid dosbox questions...  (Read 733 times)
haywire
Vectorian

« on: January 16, 2010, 07:27:07 pm »

I have been using and enjoying dosbox alot with vectorlinux.

I was wondering though if anyone knows if there is a way you can autostart a dos application from a desktop icon. That is, without having to mount the
dos drive and manually type to the directory and type in the executable.

I don't see much in the docs about like maybe you can editing the autoexec.bat file. Its on drive z : which I have no idea how or if I can get to
on the linux desktop. I am wondering if there are paramaters you can call while excuting dosbox. Like dosbox mount c: /home/steven/dos then a
command to go to the directory you want and run the executable file from that directory.

I mean, its a little thing having to manually navigate and type to start a game or whatever, but I wanted to see if I could just point and click to start my selected dos applications...

Any help or thoughts on doing this would be appreciated...

Steven
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »

I suspect your thought that you will need to edit autoexec.bat is correct.  I use dosemu.  Dosemu puts a hidden file in my home directory which allows me to edit autoexec bat.  I get there with Thunar (.dosemu>drive_c).  I have autoexec.bat set up to automatically run foxprox (2.6) and open a command window whenever I type "dosemu" in the xterm command line. I did this by adding the following lines at the end of autoexec.bat:

cd \fpd26\bills
c:\fpd26\foxprox

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: