VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Terminal crashes Xfce4  (Read 2101 times)

Hacker John

Terminal crashes Xfce4
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:22:17 am »

I upgraded to Xfce4 - 4.4.2 with slapt-get.  Actually, it would me more accurate to say I let slap-get upgrade all apps that were out of date.  When I open a terminal in Xfce it now crashes the window manager and goes back to the login screen.

Will this be a simple config file tweak or do I need to wind the general upgrade back.?

Fluxbox is OK, apart from losing that handy button bar at the top and JWM is hunky-dory too.

On edit:  Strangely, when I use the Run Program facility in Xfce4 to run xterm, I get a white-shaded terminal with no problems.  Running the terminal command, however, crashes Xfce4.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:37:18 am by Hacker John »

Hacker John

Re: Terminal crashes Xfce4
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:58:38 am »

I've installed VL6 standard and Xfce has the same problem with the terminal (but not xterm).  LDXE does not have the problem.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

brokndodge

• Linux is sooo HOT
    • My Blog
Re: Terminal crashes Xfce4
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 06:34:16 am »

I'm wondering if the issue you are having is the same issue i bumped up against with my google chrome install script. http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=10210.75.  I never did figure out what was wrong, but I also didn't try using different terminals.
VL 7.0 Standard

brokndodge
- OSS is not a religion, it's the solution to buggy irresponsible coding -
Linux User# 494720