VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 1211 times)

digimaus

Hello, everyone!
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:30:49 pm »

I'm a new user to Vector Linux, but somewhat familiar with Linux, especially Slack.  I used Slack back in 2000-2002 and I decided to give Linux a try once again.  I stumbled upon Vector and I have to say after an evening's tinkering, I'm really impressed.  GSLAPT is a wonderful tool and is something to behold (especially after years of dealing with Windows' incessant updating piece by piece).  I set up VL on a test machine and I like it enough to try to piecemeal a desktop together for me to use VL full-time.

Looks like I've found something I actually like in an OS for my personal use.  Great job to the entire VL team.  Look forward to learning enough to be a helpful participant in the forums.  :D

--DM

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Hello, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 06:05:48 am »

Welcome, digimaus, and congratulations on your progress. People in this forum will be happy to help out where they can, and your participation is encouraged.