VectorLinux
August 19, 2014, 08:31:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: removing gnome-mount (Solved)  (Read 1054 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: October 22, 2009, 05:28:24 pm »

I do not know why or when, but somehow, I loaded gnome-mount on my IBM T42, running Vector 6.0.  Now I want to remove it as XMMS no longer works on cdroms.  However, when I click "execute," gslapt says I am removing 51 programs.  Though I don't want gnome (I use XFCE4), this (removing so many files) worries me.  So I canceled the remove and still have gnome-mount loaded and XMMS still doesn't see any files on /mnt/cdrom. Anyone have any thoughts?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:42:48 pm by sledgehammer » Logged

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 07:14:07 pm »

Try in a terminal as root,

Code:
removepkg gnome-mount

These happens because many programs have gnome-mount listed as dependency, even when it is not critical but optional.
Let us know if its the culprit of the xmms problem.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:29:12 am »

I'll add that I ALWAYS use removepkg nameofpackage and NEVER uninstall with Gslapt. The reason is that Gslapt is more aggressive in removing dependencies and can make a mess of your system if it removes too much.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:42:22 pm »

Rodrigo/GrannyGeek,

O' wise ones.  Thanks!  XMMS works fine now. 

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:17 pm »

My xmms plays well here with gnome-mount installed. The problem is most likely
in the settings of xmms which I had to change I think from analog to digital if I
remember correctly on the advise of nightflyer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: