This build lacks the libnullplugin (which nags you if you don't have a plugin
); it didn't compile. I've made another package with that corrected.
Now that SeaMonkey is using the Firefox platform, I've had the same rendering problems at some sites as I've had with Firefox. I know it happens on my Athlon 64 X2 with ATI Radeon 200 video....
I've had the same problems with one website's background image. Radeon X1650 pro, AMD64 x2 (brisbane), using the xorg radeon driver xf86-video-ati-6.8.0-i486-1, and KDE3, on VL60 Light. With Konqueror, the background is just black; Dillo shows a beige-ish background; HV3 seems to show the background ok; but SeaMonkey 2.0 often shows the whole desktop, including SM itself, scrambled into the background.
Unselect_Message_1.3-mod.xpi works fine on seamonkey 2.0.
p.s. The little red button showing I have updates has come on a couple of times. Takes me to gslapt where it tries to downgrade seamonkey 2.0 to seamonkey 1.something.
Yeah, I've had better luck that I thought I would, getting some extensions to install. A few required hacking their install.rdf, but seem to be working: quicknote, optimoz tweaks, and even sage (though that requires hacking panels.rdf in the profile to get it into SM's sidebar).
I don't know about the "update" to SM1 ...