VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 04:13:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: terminal problem  (Read 725 times)
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« on: October 31, 2009, 10:09:17 am »

I get funny fonts and colors when running terminal. Not in xterm, though, and everything else seems to be working fine.  I tried to reinstall the xorg.conf file, using vxconf, but get an error on radeon and basically on anything else I try in vxconf.  I am now using VESA. Terminal worked fine until the last couple of weeks.  I probably uninstalled a necessary file when deleting something in gslapt.  I just don't know.  No big deal as xterm works fine but I would like to fix terminal.

I am using an IBM T42 running VL 6.0

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
StrayBit
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 02:01:45 pm »

I had the same thing when I used vesa.  Lspci indicated I had an ATI video so, in vxconfig, I chose the first selection.  Later it allowed me to select ATI and terminal is back to its good old self.

Of course, you may not have an ATI video - lspci can tell you what you have.

Dell GX280: [7.0-Gold-Final], 6.0-Gold-Final, 5.9-Gold
HP 670 Win7 & VL7.0
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »

lspci says:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

But Radeon doesn't do the trick.  Only VESA works.

Actually, but for (so far) terminal, I see no problems with VESA. Xterm is just a new thing to learn.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: