Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Mouses freezes when during VLwifi setup  (Read 1104 times)

Mouses freezes when during VLwifi setup
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:20:46 pm »

After I see, "Wireless interface wlan0 found ..le'ts setup", I click on ok than my mouse freezes. Earlier I posted that, installation was stalling. I was able to get to graphical desktop, by using text mode. By the way, what is the Vector method for shutting or restarting computer when mouse freezes?

Also, I did iwconfig, I did modprobe 8180, ( have RTL-8185L chip) and this NIC worked on another Linux box with Vector 6.0 same as I am using now. First install on a Gateway, all was automated. Now I am on a Dell Model HP U2106F3.

I think I have an Irq conflict of some sort but dont know how to resolve it.

Subsequent edit. I changed pci slots, installed Belkin NIC..and all installed automated, with no stalls or snags. I unchecked, install wireless radio and laser something, on graphical, restarted but now hangs up at boot on,..."RC.X Going to multiuser Gui Mode"
Note I installe NIC with problem in different PCI slot.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:16:13 pm by frank56 »

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Mouses freezes when during VLwifi setup
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:06:57 pm »

Not sure about your NIC problem, but on VL6 I just hit the power button if machine doesn't respond to kb or mouse. This triggers the shutdown command through ACPI.