VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: How do I slow or stop boot screens VL 6.0?  (Read 1154 times)

frank56

How do I slow or stop boot screens VL 6.0?
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:40:37 am »

I wish I could slow or stop the boot screen . Is there a way to do that with Vector? Frank

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: How do I slow or stop boot screens VL 6.0?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:23:32 pm »

I am not sure what you mean by slow or stop of the screens.

You can remove the themes completely leaving yourself with a nice black and white scrolling text boot up. The easiest way to do this, is to select a boot resolution of 640x480. Since we do not include a theme for this lower resolution, the system will default to the scrolling txt. That's probably the better way to "stop" the boot "Themes".

You can also press the ESC key to view the text and still keep the theme, if all you want to really do is see the details while it is booting.

To slow it down, I am not sure, this usually is system dependent, the slower the system , the slower it will boot. BUt again, I am just taking  stab at your questions without having the picture of what you're meaning.

Daniel

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • TuxToys - Packages for VectorLinux 6.0
Re: How do I slow or stop boot screens VL 6.0?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:59 am »

If you are already looking at a scrolling text boot screen, you can press the pause button on the keyboard to pause the boot so you can see the text without having to speed read. The pause button also resumes (I think).
The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM