VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 03:17:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having problems with browsers...  (Read 883 times)
Raziel Blue

« on: November 05, 2009, 06:55:23 am »

Hey!
Well, I'm new round here; though I've been using Vector for about a year now. Thing is, this week I had to change my old monitor, and now I got the new one, my internet browsers -firefox, opera and seamonkey- are not working well.

Of course this does not have anything to do with the fact I've changed monitor, but it may probably have something to do with the fact I had to "manually" turn off my pc a couple of times after the old monitor got wrecked.

Details: After initiating firefox, with google.com as home page, everything goes well until I try to enter other pages -facebook, gmail, the usual. It freezes, as if downloading the page, and nothing happens. htop command works (f9 and kill), but firefox keeps opened and freezed, and afterwards everything else -xmms, mplayer, even other browsers- start to fail.
I've discovered seamonkey still works if initiated through the terminal, but yet I can't leave things like now, since my roommate also uses this pc and he doesn't know nothing about linux. He wont understand how to suf the net via the terminal.

Well, I hope you can help me; and sorry if my english's not been clear enough, it's been ages since I got my last degree. (yup, not my mother tongue.)

Bye, and thanks! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: