Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Having problems with browsers...  (Read 1108 times)

Raziel Blue

Having problems with browsers...
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:55:23 am »

Well, I'm new round here; though I've been using Vector for about a year now. Thing is, this week I had to change my old monitor, and now I got the new one, my internet browsers -firefox, opera and seamonkey- are not working well.

Of course this does not have anything to do with the fact I've changed monitor, but it may probably have something to do with the fact I had to "manually" turn off my pc a couple of times after the old monitor got wrecked.

Details: After initiating firefox, with as home page, everything goes well until I try to enter other pages -facebook, gmail, the usual. It freezes, as if downloading the page, and nothing happens. htop command works (f9 and kill), but firefox keeps opened and freezed, and afterwards everything else -xmms, mplayer, even other browsers- start to fail.
I've discovered seamonkey still works if initiated through the terminal, but yet I can't leave things like now, since my roommate also uses this pc and he doesn't know nothing about linux. He wont understand how to suf the net via the terminal.

Well, I hope you can help me; and sorry if my english's not been clear enough, it's been ages since I got my last degree. (yup, not my mother tongue.)

Bye, and thanks! ;D