VectorLinux
December 21, 2014, 04:24:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: External Drive and Keyboard issues...  (Read 905 times)
mr_unknown

« on: November 15, 2009, 10:48:06 pm »

First Question: Can't seem to figure out why everytime I unplug my external drive and plug it back I have the external drive on root access only? Means I can access but i can't seem to put anything inside that drive. Can somebody help me on that?

Second Question: I have this wireless keyboard and mouse from Microsoft. While using it, things seem to be ok until like a few hrs later or if I am running a few programs, my keyboard would lag, I mean lag so bad that I am typing like I am hitting one key at a time. It's very annoying when typing, I don't even see my keys at all when I type. so to be able to see my letters, I have to type really slow. How can I fix this problem? I've tried to configure it in VASMCC and from settings on keyboard, and nothing seem to work. HEEEEEELP.

Thx in advance.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:09:53 am by mr_unknown » Logged
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:56:26 pm »

First Question: Can't seem to figure out why everytime I unplug my external drive and plug it back I have the external drive on root access only? Means I can access but i can't seem to put anything inside that drive. Can somebody help me on that?

I'm not sure why the permissions are being reset to root but if you open a root filemanager you should be able to fix the permissions back. You could also move files around like that.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
mr_unknown

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:54:32 am »

I'm not sure why the permissions are being reset to root but if you open a root filemanager you should be able to fix the permissions back. You could also move files around like that.

Thanks for reply, actually that's what I thought to when you get into root, but still no permission to move files inside that drive, that only happens after I unplug the external drive then plug it back in, then the permission changed. I really don't get it, there must be a settings that needs to be edit or add to the list somewhere, but I just don't know where.
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:49:19 pm »

Yeah, I had a problem kinda like this a while back where I couldn't move, add, or delete anything on my usb stick even as root. I let the stick go through a reboot and unplug/plug-in and it was fine.  Huh Smiley

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: