VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 06:12:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spread the gospel with free computers  (Read 2146 times)
glennwobblie

« on: November 08, 2009, 09:03:44 am »

What I have been doing since I found VectorLinux is installing it on P3 and P4 computers I am given or buy. When I find a low income family that needs a computer for their children, I give them one. This helps the kids with school work and they get comfortable with Linux.

VL6.0- on IBM Thinkpad Pentium4
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 03:21:37 pm »

Excellent! Do you offer them any support after they start using the computer?
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
sledgehammer
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:49:21 pm »

Vector is developing some pretty good "how to" movies.  I wonder if there would be someway to put them on gslapt, so kids whose parents can't afford internet could watch?  They could be downloaded before the kid gets the computer.

John

VL7.0 xfce4 Samsung RF511
glennwobblie

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »

I'm pretty much a newbie myself, but I know where to send them for support after we get to the end of my road. I do this ad hoc and only occasionally. I'd like to see it spread everywhere.

VL6.0- on IBM Thinkpad Pentium4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: