VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: digikam 0.9.6 (for KDE 3.5.10)  (Read 1848 times)

nj_jak

digikam 0.9.6 (for KDE 3.5.10)
« on: November 12, 2009, 04:58:15 am »

Hello packagers!
I just installed the new VL6.0/KDE3.5.10 release, could you please package digikam for me.
The tarball is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/digikam/files/digikam/
Pleas be aware that it is the one from July 3rd that I am interested in.

I tried downloading the tarball and do the compilation, but got stock on missing libs.

Thank you!

nj_jak

Re: digikam 0.9.6 (for KDE 3.5.10)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:00:58 am »

thanks nightflier

I downloaded the .tgz files, but I amnot really sure how to use them - how do I proceed?? ???

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 05:25:38 am »

In a terminal, as root:
Code: [Select]
installpkg name_of_pkg.tgz
Do this for all off the packages, then you should have a working digikam.

SmartMart

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 01:31:28 am »

Being my first post in here, I'm sorry to barge in on the thread but digiKam is a must-have application for me so I followed your instructions to the letter. After executing digiKam from the menu, I got the bouncing mouse pointer for a while and then nothing. So, I executed digkam from a terminal and it was telling me it couldn't find libexiv2.so.5. After executing ldconfig from a root terminal, it still couldn't find it and I couldn't find it either as it's not on my system. After installing exiv2-0.18.2-i486-1as.tgz from the Slack repos, digiKam is now happy. To add full functionality to digiKam I had to install kipi-plugins-0.1.7-i486-1sl.tgz from the Slack repos. Hope this is of some use to the OP and others  :)

Regards from the UK
Martin
Linux Registered User #357086
Using: 6.0 KDE-Classic-Live built on May7, 2010

nj_jak

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:15:20 am »

Thanks SmarMart.

I also did as nightflier wrote, but since time is a very limited resource at this end, I never really tried to find out why DigiKam did not start. With your info I tried again, and the nice program is working. Thank you very much  :)