A summary so far:
On Nov. 12, I tried to install the texas flood boot-scripts. Lots of errors, and it wouldn't install. I have completely re-written the buggy install script for texas flood and modified it for VL.
NOTE: Install problem solved. The install script was not buggy!
Sunday - Nov. 15th:
I tried to bootup using texas flood, and when it ran thru rc.vlinit, it would switch to runlevel 6 (reboot). I did some hacking on the scripts, got it to boot to the kdm login screen, but I didn't have any use of the keyboard to enter my password. Did some more hacking, got it to bootup, but only to text-based login (no graphical display manager). It's probably just something I commented out that I shouldn't have... I'll keep at it...
Nov. 17 - 18 (Wednesday - Thursday):
After major re-write of /sbin/texasflood-boot, the system booted up very quickly to kdm. But, I found out that rc.M never runs. Therefore, all the stuff in rc.M never gets loaded and/or started. Which is a lot of stuff - most modules, networking, syslogd, vl-hot, etc.) Still working on it (when time permits)...
Also - using Google translate, I have translated all the Portuguese text to English.