VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Booting faster with texas flood boot-scripts  (Read 4439 times)

sdboyd

• Scott's Corner of the Web
Re: Booting faster with texas flood boot-scripts
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »

I don't want to sound negative, but is it worth all this time, trouble and effort to get your computer to boot 10 seconds faster?

Maybe its just me, but I rarely have to reboot. Actually, I have to fix my swap (I don't have a swap at all) the only time I have to reboot is when I have WAY too much stuff open and use up all real ram, the system starts hanging. This is because there is no swap I think...

Anyhow, I rarely have to reboot the computer so I don't think its worth the effort to get my computer to boot 10 or 15 seconds faster.

What are your boot times like with this scripts verses without them?

Steven

Yeah - it's not really worth it for maybe 12 seconds faster boot times. Thought I'd try it out though, plus I learned alot about the bootup process in the meantime. This new laptop boots up pretty fast anyway, so I've gone back to the stock boot scripts for now. I don't re-boot all that often either.

My boot times with the scripts vs without the scripts are posted above your reply.

Running VL 7.0 Std - Xfce4.8 on an Acer Aspire 5517 Laptop - Athlon64 X2 Dual Core L310 - 4GB RAM - 320GB HD
Pages: 1 [2]