VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 04:20:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Problems, new question...  (Read 642 times)
mr_unknown

« on: November 21, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »

Grin Anyways, I am having problems with sound card this time. Does the sound card only work on one application at a time? For example, I can't play music and watch videos online? or is there a way we have to configure something? Because when I am playing mp3s and later decide to play some videos or movies just to watch while I am listening to music, it says some kind of error saying that the sound card is being used..

Somebody give me some answers. Thx.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 03:40:07 pm by mr_unknown » Logged
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:49:22 am »

If the video you are trying to watch has sound then you will probably keep getting that error. Even if you could play a video with sound and an mp3 at the same time, (which might be possible but I don't really think so) then the sounds would probably just mix together and you would just hear goobledy gook. Pausing the mp3 while you watch the video might work though.

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
mr_unknown

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:41:55 pm »

If the video you are trying to watch has sound then you will probably keep getting that error. Even if you could play a video with sound and an mp3 at the same time, (which might be possible but I don't really think so) then the sounds would probably just mix together and you would just hear goobledy gook. Pausing the mp3 while you watch the video might work though.

Thanks, that's all i wanted to hear. Yea never had this kind of problems before in windows, just never experience this before. So if that's the case I guess I can just use one at a time. I'm just pretty much used to multi tasking all the times and do many things at once.

Thanks alot.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: