VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 03:56:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all, newbie here.......  (Read 1277 times)
matpaz

« on: November 17, 2009, 01:53:54 am »

Hi all.
I'm going to leave opensuse, cause it became too heavy, slow and buggy; so after a fast search, I installed VectorLinux 6 Standard GOLD. I think that GNU/linux should be like that (slacky based i mean), and a lot tested too. As soon as i installed VL6, i saw that's far better than many others, and i like it. I hope you will continue this way. Anyway i had a problem on the second machine where i installed it: i made a mistake cause i wanted to put some backup directories from an external USB hdd, in my home, but home was smaller. At some point it stop the copy process cause of the full partition (anyway i don't understand why it didn't check free space before), and i wasn't able to delete some directories from home (on Xwindow, note no permission issue), except from the shell with: rm -r -f dirname (as user). Can you explain this?
Note i don't want to criticize, but if there is some problem to be solved, it's better to know if there is one.
If you need extra info on this let me know and i'll reply.
When VL6-64bit will be in alpha or beta, i should test it on my notebook.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT and FAST DISTRO.

bye.
Bjrnarlinux

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:05 am »

Welcome! Nice to see new users.

If you need help you can ask around this very helpful forum or you can check out opensourcebistro.com. It's a great resource made by stretchedthin.

I can't help you with your question, but maybe you should post in the technical general section.

Best of luck to you!
Bjørnar

Life is Beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.

Leon Trotskys last words
matpaz

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:17 am »

Hi Bjørnar,

Thank you for the info.

Bye
Mat
Daniel
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:01:14 pm »

When VL6-64bit will be in alpha or beta, i should test it on my notebook.

VL6-64bit is in alpha 0.9. You can get it here: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/Uelsk8s/iso-test/VL64-6.0-STD-A0.9.iso

The following sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

VL 6.0 SOHO KDE-Classic on 2.3 Ghz Dual-core AMD with 3 Gigs of RAM
matpaz

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 06:48:05 am »

I'll try the 64 bit 0.9 alpha.
Thanks
Bye Mat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: