VectorLinux
July 30, 2014, 08:52:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wireless-tools oddity  (Read 4348 times)
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« on: September 09, 2009, 11:13:32 am »

I'm in the process of attempting to build the new version of Conky. I've hit two snags, one of which seems to be a basic Slackware problem.

The error I'm getting is as below:

Code:
checking for iwlib.h... yes
checking for iw_sockets_open in -liw... no
configure: error: iw_sockets_open not found

Checking, this seems to indicate a problem in /usr/lib/libiw.so. However, there is no libiw.so on the system - the Slackware build of wireless-tools produces a /usr/lib/libiw file, no so.29.

I've done a quick manual build of the wireless tools, which does produce the correct libiw.so.29 (and makes it executable, which the libiw found in the Slackware package is not.

Has anyone any idea why the Slackware package has this peculiar problem? I've had a bit of a hunt for the slackbuild, but haven't found anything, so I'm at a loss to work out how it was produced, or why.

Second question. If I build a new wireless-tools package, can someone test it? I've currently got no wireless access (my wireless router was damaged in some power problems earlier in the year and I've not yet replaced it - currently using an older wired router).

I'm having this problem building under either Vector or Zenwalk, both of which are using a Slackware package for wireless-tools.

I've also got another problem which is Vector specific. Even though I have the Vector lua package installed, the Conky build does not detect it, and I have to build with --disable-lua specified in configure. So far, I've no idea why this is happening, since the lua build looks fine...

Any suggestions welcome.

paul.
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:41:44 am »

I have a wireless card, and if this is still relevant, i can test the package.

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 01:23:11 pm »

I have a wireless card, and if this is still relevant, i can test the package.

Thanks. I've been busy with other things, haven't got back to that problem for a while. I am still interested in solving it, so I'll get back to you once I get a chance to build an alternate version of the wireless-tools.

paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: