VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: brightness of screen  (Read 974 times)

MO9013

• Vectorite
brightness of screen
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:15:56 am »

I just installed 6.0 classic KDE on my Presario f700 and for the life of me I cant find the place where to brighten the screen.  I though it was in the power options but its not there.  Its acting as if  its on battery instead of being plugged in.  I can adjust the brightness through the nvidia controls but it makes it look worse.

Mike

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: brightness of screen
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:55 am »

I'm not aware of any GUI app for this purpose in KDE-Classic. All my laptops have had built in keys to adjust screen brightness, usually in conjunction with the "Fn" key.

There is a command line utility "xbacklight" which may work for you.

MO9013

• Vectorite
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:25:43 am »

Ok. I just remember having the same problem when I installed 6.0 standard.  So I'm guessing it was with xfce4 I was able to do it then. Ill try what you said and i will let everyone know.  Thanks.

MO9013

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:44:04 am »

The fn key worked, never knew about that.  Thanks.  I did it kind of trial and error by holding down the fn key then going through the f keys but I found it.

Mike