VectorLinux
December 19, 2014, 07:25:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brightness of screen  (Read 901 times)
MO9013
Vectorite

« on: November 30, 2009, 05:15:56 am »

I just installed 6.0 classic KDE on my Presario f700 and for the life of me I cant find the place where to brighten the screen.  I though it was in the power options but its not there.  Its acting as if  its on battery instead of being plugged in.  I can adjust the brightness through the nvidia controls but it makes it look worse.

Mike
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:55 am »

I'm not aware of any GUI app for this purpose in KDE-Classic. All my laptops have had built in keys to adjust screen brightness, usually in conjunction with the "Fn" key.

There is a command line utility "xbacklight" which may work for you.
MO9013
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:25:43 am »

Ok. I just remember having the same problem when I installed 6.0 standard.  So I'm guessing it was with xfce4 I was able to do it then. Ill try what you said and i will let everyone know.  Thanks.
MO9013
Vectorite

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:44:04 am »

The fn key worked, never knew about that.  Thanks.  I did it kind of trial and error by holding down the fn key then going through the f keys but I found it.

Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: