VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 07:27:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL 5.9 support  (Read 1181 times)
unohu62

« on: November 30, 2009, 10:17:07 pm »

How long will VL 5.9 gold continue to be supported before it reaches it's end of life? I've been using VL 6.0 but liked all the apps that came with the multimedia bonus disc in 5.9. Especially the music creation software and the Marathon game trilogy.

Will there be a MM disc for VL 6.0 anytime in the near future?

Regards,
Robert
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 06:00:16 am »

The multimedia bonus disc is a separate project developed by one of our members... You may find more info at http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/

unohu62

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:09 pm »

Thankx,I'm aware of that Moe, but how long before VL 5.9 Gold reaches it's EOL.
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:49:49 pm »

I belive is around 2 year....VL6 is already out almost a year...you should try it Smiley
unohu62

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 09:05:50 pm »

I'm running it as we speak hata_ph, and I think VL 6.0 is awesome! I just can't seem to get midi playback in solfege using timidity and hydrogen installs but doesn't run.

That and being able to find packages for the Marathon trilogy for VL 6.0

Otherwise, I enjoy using VL and want to learn more about how it runs under the hood. Looks like a great distro to learn on. I'm coming from mostly debian based rolling releases such as antiX and sidux.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: