VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Opera Widgets in VL 6.0  (Read 927 times)

larson1

Opera Widgets in VL 6.0
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:43:03 pm »

I've tried using Opera Widgets and found that they can't seem to access the Internet.  Widgets that don't need access are ok, but those that need to cannot.  I have found this in the Opera 9 included with VL 6.0 and with an upgrade to Opera 10.10.

Perhaps there is some configuration file to change somewhere, or perhaps there is just some incompatibility.  Maybe they only work in Gnome or KDE environments.  Anybody know?

GrannyGeek

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Opera Widgets in VL 6.0
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:38:44 pm »

I've tried using Opera Widgets and found that they can't seem to access the Internet.  Widgets that don't need access are ok, but those that need to cannot.  I have found this in the Opera 9 included with VL 6.0 and with an upgrade to Opera 10.10.

Perhaps there is some configuration file to change somewhere, or perhaps there is just some incompatibility.  Maybe they only work in Gnome or KDE environments.  Anybody know?

I'm using some Opera Widgets that access the Internet and have no problems. Which ones aren't working for you? They definitely don't need Gnome or Kde. Nor is there a configuration file to change.

I have noticed that the reference.com widget no longer works.

I'm using Opera 10.10 on three VectorLinux computers.
--GrannyGeek
Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller