VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 07:16:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCM meter starts at 90 percent after each reboot  (Read 1255 times)
vovane

« on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:42 am »

I use alsa and experience the problem described above every time i restart the pc. My sound system doesn't have any amplification and thus PCM at 90 is too low when i want the music to go LOUD.I really need some advice here,help please Smiley
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:41:43 am »

You could try this. Open a terminal, use su to get root access. Enter 'alsamixer' (without the quotes), use it to set the levels as you want them. Once set, use ESC to exit from the mixer. Then enter 'alsactl store' (again without quotes). That should store the levels you have set, and should survive rebooting the machine.

paul.
vovane

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:25:22 am »

Nothing happened.PCM is still at 90 until i set it to 100 manually.Any ideas?Smiley
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:14:00 am »

Try setting it at 100. Then as root run:

Code:
alsactl store

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 12:41:28 pm »

Try setting it at 100. Then as root run:

Code:
alsactl store

Huh Isn't that what I said above?  Grin

paul
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 12:43:54 pm »

LOL sorry I missed it Smiley

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 03:48:57 pm »

LOL sorry I missed it Smiley

Wink I should have used code tags - would have  made it easier to read.

However, if the OP followed my original suggestions, it sounds as though alsactl store hasn't helped. Not sure what else to suggest to him.

paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: