VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 01:02:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumped Ship  (Read 1466 times)
JCRis

« on: December 13, 2009, 08:53:58 pm »

Hello everyone, Im JC from the midwest, whos now stranded in the deep south (USA).

I am a long long time user of Debian (Xfce), and for the last couple of years Xubuntu. I did touch the slackware side a few times with an early version of ZenWalk, and Wolvix 1. I had been hearing alot about Vector being the "shiznit" of slackware based distros, and even the whole Linux community, but I didnt think I knew enough to become a full time user of a slackware based distro. All I can say is WOW! I decided to back up my Xubuntu, as a just in case, and commit my whole hard drive to Vector. The only thing Im left wondering is, why did I wait so long? I have live CD's of everything under the sun, but I have never used, or seen a distro so responsive, and fast. I do have a few questions Ill be asking in the Vectorbie station, but nothing as drastic as I had been imaging. Either Vector is one easy to use distro, or Im not so dumb after all.

Any way thanks to the creators for making such a kick ass distro. Im hooked and will be spreading the word, that slackware doesnt have to mean hard-to-use-ware.
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:03:22 am »

Hi JC,

Always nice to hear from satisfied users. Welcome to the community. Make yourself at home and ask as many questions as you need.

Roy
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 01:05:48 pm »

Welcome to vectorlinux.

I used red-hat and suse in the past but I found them no easier to use, bloated and slow.

Vectorlinux is fast, effecient and generally as easy to use as most distros. I'm glad you found it...

Steven
w2ibc
Packager
Vectorite

GAHHHHHH!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 01:17:17 pm »

Welcome to vector!

Linux Registered User #481509.
flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:52:42 pm »

HI,
 I say WOW nearly everyday, cause of this crafty little distro.  So glad you're diggin it.

Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 07:15:11 pm »

Hi JC,
         I'm somewhere deep in the northeast  Grin . I'm glad that you made the decision to give VL a try. I'm even happier to read that it is performing in a style that has you WOW-ing  Cool . I hope that you will find this forum and community as helpful and friendly to all of your questions. I'm sure that in almost no time you'll find yourself giving answers too  Smiley . I look forward to seeing you making this your new home of the Linux world.
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 07:33:02 pm »

Welcome JC, hope you enjoy your stay.  I know I have so far!!

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: