VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 04:05:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {Solved} No Conky from Gslapt,..  (Read 1145 times)
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:17 am »

Not really "earth-shattering",...just that each time I try to fetch Conky with Gslapt,..I get the message:
failed to download curl: HTTP response code said error
I have already "updated" Gslapt, and have successfully downloaded Wine (and a few other things).  I really don't have a CLUE as to what that message means.  GKrellM is a nice little program,...it's just that I prefer Conky.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:17:15 pm by nitehawk » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:25:08 pm »

I get that sometimes too, i think its due to problems with the mirror or something. A slapt-get -u fixes it for me most of the time

nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 03:56:25 pm »

A slapt-get -u fixes it for me most of the time
...thanks for the info!  I'll give that a try.

EDIT:  Alrightey now,...upgrading worked that way.  Conky is now downloaded.  Grin
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:18:35 pm by nitehawk » Logged
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 11:56:28 pm »

I moved some packages around a couple of days ago, so you may have had badly out of date data for the repos. Though conky wasn't moved - its been in extra for quite a while (and eventually I may be able to get the new version to build, though my attempts so far have been a disamal failure).

I suspect that if you try and use slapt-get or gslapt during the period that the repos are being updated, you will have problems. It takes quite a while to run updates on all areas, then propagate the changes, so if repo maintenance is going on, things may not work the way they should....

paul.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: