VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 08:46:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector lite KDE and old laptop  (Read 1411 times)
vectorrob

« on: December 20, 2009, 08:32:41 am »

Hi from Rob B in snowy Darlington, using Vector 6 KDE lite on my old laptop, wow, was going to use the lite V6.0 but this fly s on my PIII 256 Ram old faithful.

cheers

Vector 6.0 KDE Lite on PIII old laptop
haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:15:58 am »

I have always found that vector works great on old pcs, even old laptops. Its great to get more years of use out of something most people would
think is useless. I've found quite a few computers in the trash that with some upgrades and work, made great surfing machines or game machines with dosbox installed.

If you search a bit, you can find ram upgrades, hd upgrades and that sort of thing on ebay for older pcs and laptops...

I have an older sony vaio that is going to get vectorized next week. Its got a 1ghz processor, but has a dvd-r/w drive I installed, and more memory.
Nice big screen too, should make a great machine for vector.

Welcome to vector linux btw...

Steven
vectorrob

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:44 pm »

Thanks Steven, over the last year i have been amazed at the throw away attitude of folk, most people just surf and write the odd thing, play music, any Linux live CD will do this on almost anything. getting people out of the Windoz mentality. Just looked at the Video tutorials over on Bistro, give Vector newbies a head start. am still playing safe on my desktop with Mint duel booting with a Internet disabled Windows 2000 system. but this will not be for long. Vector Std is doing doing what I want and how I want to do it on my test Athlon 2000 box. The Laptop is running far better with Vector KDE than it ever did even with the Win98 (1st edition) it came with

regards

Vector 6.0 KDE Lite on PIII old laptop
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: