VectorLinux
August 02, 2014, 12:22:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm here, it took a while...  (Read 1643 times)
Stevo

« on: December 30, 2009, 02:55:17 pm »

Well I have a Toshiba Portege 7220 Cte that I am trying to install VL6 Standard upon.

I'm getting there, just a final hitch I'm trying to sort out.

I'm not too smart with command lines, but I can follow instructions  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I like this forum software.  I am the Administrator of my own vBulletin forum www.RolexForums.com

This forum software is great, I'm impressed.

Sorry back to VL6, congrats it's great.  If standard works out on my Toshiba Portege, then I might have to get Deluxe on my main laptop which runs PCBSD (don't know if that's a dirty word here  Cheesy Cheesy)

Anyway, I've tried Pupply Linux and then Xubantu.  I would rate VL much higher than those two distros.

Well done guys.  This is cool :cheers:
nitehawk
Vectorite

Just me.

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:27:56 pm »

Hey,..welcome to Vector (and to the forum).   Puppy Linux is great for what it is intended for.   It's really a fun little distro --and is what even their developers refer to as "a hobby distro".   Vector is  much more mature (been around longer).  And what first attracted me to it, was that is has some very dedicated folks behind it.  It's good and solid,..and you can count on it to be around in the future.  (Is it obvious that I am quite a satisfied user?).  I'm not one of the devs,....just wanted to throw in my little $.02.   Grin
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 02:46:41 pm »

Yes welcome to Vector.  It's taken me a while too but I'm finally here.  So far the support here has been nothing shy of awesome, and the people great.  Enjoy, I'm just now getting ready to install VL on another box and see how that one goes.  Tried a while back and had some video thing or somthing but I do know a little more now. 

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
Stevo

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 05:40:13 pm »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes VL is an awesome operating system.  I really like it a lot.

I'm so glad I found it.  It really leaves some of the other so called 'lightweight' systems struggling in their Snugglers  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I've got everything running like a dream now on this old girl, and it is just sooo nice, I even prefer it to Mac and Windows 7 on later model hardware. (wow I'm really affected).

haywire
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:27 pm »

Welcome to vector. I share your sentiments about it. Its truly a beautiful thing. I work faster, smarter, and easier than ever with this on my desktop. You will find once you find vector, there is no going back.

Steven
Stevo

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:42:33 pm »

I've now got VL 6.0 on two computers.

I got the Deluxe version for my more up to date hardware.

A big plus was getting my wifi to work out of the box with a USB wireless adapter stick TP-Link TL-WN123G

It is one of the few wireless adapters where the manufacturer even supports it with a Linux driver on their website. However I didn't even need this. Just used Wicd and away it went.

Too cool  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: