VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 11:37:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Stall on "Starting system logger ..." after install VL 6.0 Lite  (Read 501 times)
coffeekraken

« on: January 21, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »

OK, I just didn't wait long enough for the system logger to start.  It didn't actually stall, sorry!

I installed VL 5.9 Lite on my sony vaio pcg-r505el, piii 1 ghz, 256mb, 60gb.  Three partitions, 50gb, 6gb, and 4gb.  50gb root.  Then, I installed VL 6.0 Std on 6gb root and made the 4gb the swap.  Then, I decided, finally, that I like VL 6.0 more, but that I want the lite version so I went ahead and tried to install it over top of VL6.0 std on 6gb with 4gb swap from my previous install of VL 5.9 Lite using the direct-iso method of install.  Everything went just peachy until the final reboot, after all the configuring from the install menus, at which point it stalls on "starting system logger...".  VL 5.9 Lite on 50gb is still running fine.  I found another person had a similar problem on another forum for general linux issues, but the replies were over my head so I thought this would be the perfect place to ask.  When it stalls on "starting system logger..." I cannot enter anything, or rather, any text I enter is simply taking up space on the screen and nothing happens and no prompt.

OK, I just didn't wait long enough for the system logger to start.  It didn't actually stall, sorry!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:39:18 pm by coffeekraken » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: