VectorLinux
November 22, 2014, 07:04:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer Kobo Deluxe profiles to a new installation  (Read 3085 times)
TLM

« on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:49 pm »

Hello! Little problem here, need help please!!!

I have been installing and testing the alphas and betas of VL6 SOHO, and I installed Kobo Deluxe on my current installation of Beta 1. Problem is that my fiance has made it through all 50 levels. When the next Beta, or the final release of VL6 SOHO comes out, I will be doing a clean install. Is there any way I can find the files where Kobo Deluxe stores the profiles and settings and back them up to a flashdrive, and then import them to the new installation so we can keep all of our levels in the game unlocked? I have no idea what files I need to back up, or if it can even be done that way. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Particle board should be outlawed.
stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:05:07 am »

I've transfered my misplaced post to the proper thread.
And now for something more relevent...
Kobodeluxe Rocks!!! Grin

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:59:54 am by stretchedthin » Logged

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:54:52 am »

stretchedthin, I think you answered the wrong post  Undecided , but you're so lucky that you're answering to the right person Cheesy

TLM, I haven't tried it, but I bet you have a ~/.kobo  or ~/.kobodl  (or something like that) directory.  Try to copy it

Code:
scp -r ~/.kobodl   mybackup

and then try to put it into another user's home directory (with the same name it had at first).  If it works, you can be pretty sure you won't loose the achievements in kobo.

btw, level 50 is really tough. nearly impossible...

Have fun

TLM

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »

Thanks! Ya, level 50 took my fiance 2 nights to get through. She made it with her last ship and only one hit to spare on the health of it. I will try your method when I install the next release of SOHO and post back here if it works. If not, well at least we tried  Smiley Thanks again.

toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 11:30:20 am »

Thanks! Ya, level 50 took my fiance 2 nights to get through. She made it with her last ship and only one hit to spare on the health of it. I will try your method when I install the next release of SOHO and post back here if it works. If not, well at least we tried  Smiley Thanks again.

Smiley I didn't think the answer was correct, so I reinstalled KoboDeluxe to have a look.  Shocked I should never have built it - I could become addicted all over again...

Anyhow, to answer your question, there are two things you need to preserve. In your (or your fiance's) home directory, you will find a file called .kobodlrc. That file has the game setup. Scores are kept seperately.

For the score files, look in /usr/com/kobo-deluxe/scores. Each individual player gets their own score file, which will be in that directory.

Smiley Now I better go delete the game while I still can....

paul.
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 12:42:38 pm »

toothandnail++

Nice you found the /usr/...  part.

toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 02:36:07 pm »

toothandnail++

Nice you found the /usr/...  part.

Smiley I remember trying to find it once before, though I can't remember quite why I did so....

btw, level 50 is really tough. nearly impossible...

Wink It certainly is. Got to be someone with remarkable reflexes, or much too much time....

paul
TLM

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:02 am »

Hello,

I am pleased to report that toothandnail's instructions for preserving settings and progress in KoboDeluxe has been successful. I just installed VL6 SOHO Beta 2 and I imported the saved kobo files as detailed in toothandnail's post, and when I launch the game, it is exactly like it was on my old installation. All settings and progress has been saved! Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: