VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cannot login. "incorrect username or password"  (Read 16941 times)

Bibby

Re: Cannot login. "incorrect username or password"
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 11:18:37 am »

I have a similar problem. VL 6.0 SOHO was running perfectly until couple of days ago. Now I cannot log in my account. When I try it returns the log in screen. However, root account is working properly. Any suggestions?

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:02 pm »

Try to log in as root. Create a new user and try that. If the new user name works, then something got corrupted in your old user profile.

Bibby

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 02:11:59 am »

Tried that. Same thing as my account. Also tried changing my pass, but no luck. It seems that no other user except root is functional.  ???

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:06 am »

Can you log in if you boot to text mode?

roarde

• Vectorian
  • move the needle
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 07:52:07 am »

/home may be corrupted, not mounting, or a reference to it may be incorrect. Root's home is /root. Check to see that /home is accessible.

You might also try creating a user and specifying a home directory such as /testuser just to see if that works.
Robert
VL 7.1 Light

Bibby

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:07 am »

Can you log in if you boot to text mode?
I'll try that.
/home may be corrupted, not mounting, or a reference to it may be incorrect. Root's home is /root. Check to see that /home is accessible.

You might also try creating a user and specifying a home directory such as /testuser just to see if that works.
I can access /home but creating a user with specific home directory didn't cross my mind. I'll see if that works. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]