Then you want to link the library you have with the name google-chrome is looking for, like so....
ln /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so.1d
Wouldn't it be: ln -s /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so.1d ?
(needs the -s to make it a symbolic link)
Thanks Daniel; It was 4:30 in the morning when I wrote that. My newborn just was not sleeping last night and I though I could handle answering the question. Guess not.
I'm kind of stuck here as to setting up the symlink as per your suggestion. need a bit of an assist.
btw, I tried to uninstall chrome and reinstall it with the proper nss package but as you can see I'm still not getting it running
smelm0, try the steps as Daniel suggested with the '-s' option. Such as ln -s /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so.1d
I'm going to see friends over the Weekend, will be back on Monday. If you still have not found a solution I will try to recreate it on a Virtual Machine and see what the steps are to dig our way out.