VectorLinux
September 01, 2014, 10:51:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tigger is back!  (Read 3335 times)
Tigger
« on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:33 am »

For those that remember me from the old days, I am back.  For those that don't remember me or came after I went on "vacation" from VectorLinux I used to be the SOHO Architect.

I'm back helping this great group of folks on this great distribution!!

stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06:18 am »

Hey, that good news, and good timing.
Exciting things to come with the new Soho and upcoming VL.7.0. 64bit. and all.

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
Tigger
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:36 am »

Yes.  We're working on the new installer right now and its both looking and performing well.

flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:09 pm »

I'ma relatively new, but see you're Cool a five star general. My salute and welcome back onboard the good ship Vector.

Tigger
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:41 pm »

Thanks.

It's good be back on board!

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 06:11:39 pm »

Hi Tigger,

I've seen your name often enough in the VL code to know that we owe you thanks. Warm welcome back.
Tigger
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 07:46:25 pm »

Thanks.  You're going to see a lot more of it in the coming days and weeks too.

GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 08:08:59 pm »

I remember you well from years ago, when I got a lot of help from your posts. As I've seen your name go by when I'm installing VL I've always wondered how you were doing. Glad to have you back!
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 08:20:04 pm »

WELCOME BACK...
OFFICIALLY

NOTE: PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS,,,

Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 03:03:33 am »

Good to see you back!
caieng

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 07:39:30 am »

Welcome back.

Quote from: Tigger
We're working on the new installer right now and its both looking and performing well.
Glad to read that.

I am unable to boot Vector Lite 6.0 from September 09, but I can boot Vector 6.0 from November 09, on my IBM Thinkpad a21 (PIII, 0.8 GHz). 

I have the same trouble booting Slackware 13.0, (parent distribution of Vector, if I understand correctly.)   This is only a problem with older computers, I have no such problem with newer models, which leads me to wonder if the problem may rest with the IDE controller?

Why not simply install the November 09 distro?  Answer is KDE!!!  This is a "light" computer, having only half a gig of memory.....Older computers are not just slower.  We are also creaky, and have less memory.  The September version of Vector lite is the right distro for my several computers, but the installer is not robust...

CAI ENG

nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 09:07:39 am »

Why not simply install the November 09 distro?  Answer is KDE!!! 

Veering off-topic here, but if it installs, you can add "icewmvmods" using gslapt. Configure system to use vl-hot, set up KDM to use IceWM, and you have a system functionally similar to Light.
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »

WHOA!!! Welcome back Tigger, we missed you... Grin

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
caieng

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 03:11:53 am »

Quote from: nightflier
Veering off-topic here, but if it installs, you can add "icewmvmods" using gslapt. Configure system to use vl-hot, set up KDM to use IceWM, and you have a system functionally similar to Light.
Thanks for this, I will try to accomplish what you have suggested.  Off topic, yes, I agree, the point was to welcome back Tigger, a fact which I discerned only after submitting the post, sorry.  I had read Tigger's comments about the new installer, and thought it worthwhile mentioning the problem I was having, without paying attention to the main topic....Please feel free to delete my post, if it appears to be non-contributory....
CAI ENG

gamfa
Vectorite

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 04:55:37 am »

Great to see you back Tigger. I started on VL back at 3.2 and remember you well. Got a lot of help through you.

"Don't tell my cattle I have leather seats in my truck"

"I never let schooling stand in the way of my education"...Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: