VectorLinux
November 24, 2014, 04:25:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux SOHO Beta3 bug reports and suggestions  (Read 18732 times)
prince
Vectorite

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »

Logitech Mouse had horizontal working scrolling out of the box with openSUSE 11.2.

Will horizontal scrolling be available for the next VL SOHO 6.0?
prince
Vectorite

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2010, 05:14:59 pm »

I can't get the second half of the available (downloaded) wallpapers included in the slide-show option.

There don't seem to be any way to select desired wallpapers for slide-show desktop, as before.

... and whatever you do select, it only will show a predetermined selection.

Is this feature disabled because this is the SOHO Beta ?
prince
Vectorite

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »

Post no longer relevant. KDE added more interenet radio stations for Amarok in KDE 4.4.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:14:10 am by prince » Logged
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 06:08:13 pm »

I can't get the second half of the available (downloaded) wallpapers included in the slide-show option.

There don't seem to be any way to select desired wallpapers for slide-show desktop, as before.

... and whatever you do select, it only will show a predetermined selection.

Is this feature disabled because this is the SOHO Beta ?

It is not disabled as far as I can see. I'm a little confused on "the second half.." part though. You may wish to create a directory inside of your /home/username. Name it say "Wallpapers", then copy the ones you wish for slideshow into that folder. When you turn on the slideshow, make sure to "add folder" and select it to be used (default is /user/share/wallpapers).

There are yet many features of KDE3 that the KDE4 does not yet have. Some features are also limited in functionality in comparison. I think that as KDE4 developes more maturity that will all fall into place. Just a FYI.
prince
Vectorite

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 12:22:20 pm »

Thanks for the info.  ... what was meant by the second-half is when you scroll down the selection of ( the latest, most download & highest rated) wallpapers, only the first top-half makes it to the slide mode. The rest of the wallpapers further down the scroll that was selected is just in vain. When you watch the slide, those nature wallpapers that was selected lower down the scroll just isn't included as part of the slide.   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:24:09 pm by prince » Logged
TLM

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:23 pm »

It seems that the releases for SOHO coincide with the releases of KDE. I am testing out the new Yoper RC1 as I am typing this. KDE 4.4 seems much faster, even with my being booted off a live CD. Vector is much better; can't wait for KDE 4.4 in SOHO. I imagine it is coming down the pipes as we speak.

Particle board should be outlawed.
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 09:11:04 pm »

prince,
           HM, I am unsure on the wallpaper slide show. Maybe it is somehow limited in the number of images now? May have to go upstream for that anser.

TLM,
        I almost forgot about Yoper. They were a distro of interest to me, until things just stopped working, and it seemed they were incognito for a while. I'll have to take anotehr peek at them sometime.
         Anyway, we'll just have to keep an eye on the latest upgrades of KDE4. It is starting to look promising. Now all I need to do is find my way around all over again  Grin .
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2010, 05:31:16 am »

Bon soiree!
Just download vl6soho beta3 for testing on my laptop, generally it's ok for brusing news...dissappointingly latest opera snapshot opera10.50-6219 just can't initiate at all, opera just suddenly hang up there in 20 secs,
( opera-10.50-6219.i386.linux.tar.bz2),did any beta 3 user here finally figure out how to fix the isssue?or simply beta3 kde434 're just lack of relevent dependencies for opera10.50? which dependewncies're necessarily needed?
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2010, 05:36:31 am »

of course i did updated qt4 to latest version test mirror already but still failed to run opera.......

a bien tot!

vincent
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2010, 07:53:12 pm »

Did you try starting Opera from a terminal prompt? It should complain if dependencies are missing.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
vincent2
Vectorite

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »

of course i run opera1050 from console as following:
------------------------------------------
#cd opera-10.50-6219.i386.linux
# ./opera
#
-------------------------------------------
but waited for a while just no further response meanwhile there's just no prompted messages or whatever appeared at all, opera just can't be initiated
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2010, 08:33:16 pm »

I don't do Opera betas, so I have no ideas if you get no feedback at the terminal. I assume you've looked through the Opera user forums. I've found solutions there when I've encountered a problem. But sometimes you find others with the problem but no solutions. Good luck!
--GrannyGeek

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2010, 08:37:29 pm »

I don't do Opera betas, so I have no ideas if you get no feedback at the terminal. I assume you've looked through the Opera user forums. I've found solutions there when I've encountered a problem. But sometimes you find others with the problem but no solutions. Good luck!
--GrannyGeek

Dweeberkitty
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2010, 09:24:21 am »

Beta 3:

So far it's looking really good! The installer issues that I had before are fixed and the install went without a hitch. However, there is one bug I should mention, if you leave the password blank when creating a user, then when you get into your new install, the user was not created. Either the user should be created without a password, or the installer should not allow a blank password field.

I'd like to see the new OpenOffice.org 3.2 included in the next release (their claim at being faster is very noticeable for me). Also the OpenOffice theme in Beta3 looks terrible. It looks like a Win98 theme of some kind and does not fit in with the KDE4 environment. I remember back on Beta1 or 2 that the OpenOffice theme fit with KDE4 which was nice so something must have gone wrong with this beta?

Also, I'm not a fan of having both Koffice and OpenOffice installed at the same time. Since I use OpenOffice primarily, I don't want to deal with changing the application preferences and simply uninstalled Koffice. Perhaps an installer option (under customize software or something) would allow the user to select upon install which office suite they would like to use?

Also I miss the ability (as with previous SOHO releases) to right-click on a software package and use the Install/Upgrade/Remove options. Perhaps this can be reimplemented in KDE4?

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet, but so far things are looking good!

Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: http://www.vectorlinuxsolutions.com/
pevsner

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2010, 05:40:22 pm »

Beta 3 looks really nice so far and functionalty is good. It (kde) seems faster than my VL6 standard edition with xfce on.
I must add I only downloaded disc one, thinking i could add extra later (ended up downloading disk 2 and mounting as iso on hd in the end, doping it this way I had to compile a new kernel with ZD1211 and install nvidia drivers( which I guess are on disc 2).
The install gui is excellent, clear and all worked fine.
I'm not a massive fan of the boot splash screen, but i tend to switch that off.
The layout of menus in classic view  is clear and well organised. I am a big fan of the vasm and (su)filemanager links in panel in xfce vl6std, but I can add widgets kde.
Kde 4 is cool, and runs really fast on VL6b3.
I agree with Dweederkitty about having right click "installpkg" in dolphin as an option.
Good work developers, I will be checking more soon.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: