VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 05:14:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tweak Opera for IE  (Read 4038 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:57 pm »

A website I use to whatch news, movies etc totally changed and after that neither
with firefox, opera or google-chrome flash would play. I could now make firefox
 play flash setting the switcher agent to IE8.

Question: I cannot find that option in opera when I remember one could do it in older versions.
Does anyone know how to set opera to be IE of M$.

I asked the contact of that  particular website if they are on the payroll of M$.Cheesy
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »

A website I use to whatch news, movies etc totally changed and after that neither

Question: I cannot find that option in opera when I remember one could do it in older versions.

In Opera right-click on the page, select Edit Site Preferences, then Network tab, then Browser identification, then either Identify as Internet Explorer or Mask as Internet Explorer, whichever works best (I don't know the difference between Identify and Mask). Then OK. Reload the page. Opera will remember the settings when you visit the site again.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »

They have a user agent switcher for Firefox too.  That's sad in this day and age something requiring IE, hard to believe.

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:58:16 am »

In Opera right-click on the page, select Edit Site Preferences, then Network tab, then Browser identification, then either Identify as Internet Explorer or Mask as Internet Explorer, whichever works best (I don't know the difference between Identify and Mask). Then OK. Reload the page. Opera will remember the settings when you visit the site again.
--GrannyGeek

Thanks! It was set on IE. Opening that particular website it still says so:
"Support for you browser will be discontinued. Upgrade to a more modern browser such as
IE-7."
However, I can avoid this now and go direct to the links which then open flash and the programs I want to watch.
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

The website in question has now been reworked (after my and possibly others complain) and both Firefox and Opera
open now w/o being set to act as IE in fact now Opera will not open if set to IE identification.

This is just for the record.
ToryWDes

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:55:51 pm »

That features/tweak for Opera us one of the best element for that browser. I have also tried Opera for that features, the only problem I have in that browser is that it has no add-ons that can help for browsing. It is a very smooth browser though so I still like it though I have stop using it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: