VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 08:07:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will these interesting packages be in time for the new SOHO?  (Read 1114 times)
prince
Vectorite

« on: January 31, 2010, 01:14:59 am »

I think families and children would really appreciate some of these packages mentioned here.
Imagine all business and no play?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:59:55 pm by prince » Logged
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 08:53:03 pm »

I think families and children would really appreciate some of these packages mentioned here.
Imagine all business and no play?

That's what repos are for. Play is fine. If you want a package not included in the ISO, you simply download it from the repo. Couldn't be easier.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
prince
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:48 pm »

Ok, so that's the place I've been going. Previous experience with other operating systems led to believe there was another method on your website. Ok, you were referring to the package manager.

...and to all, thanks.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:08:45 am by prince » Logged
flip city
Packager
Vectorite

Way Out In HyperSpace

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:09 pm »

Hey prince,
 Have you been able to find where the repositories are with the application through gslapt ?
It's can be found clicking the menu icon in the task bar, then point to system, then point to gslapt. click on it. it will show a pop up asking you to enter your root password. then click yourself into the repositories.
Try to take it easy on the packaging folks, we are a small community of volunteers. Get proactive and help out by learning to package some of those interesting applications you desire. It'll make Vector better for yourself and others too! We'll get there eventually, but need all the help that we can get. Onboard ? Your contributions would be most welcome.

prince
Vectorite

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:40:20 pm »

I tender my apologies.  A misunderstanding did eclipse the best of me.  Well, ... I do want to say, thanks for the insight, flip.  Granny's help was benevolent, too.  I thank you, both.

Now, back to the tracks of the right path ....
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:22:27 pm by prince » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: