VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where's the network  (Read 2556 times)

newt

• Vectorian
Re: Where's the network
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 12:16:08 pm »

Excellent, toothandnail!!! Thanks for the headsup! I'd expect this package to work for 6.0 as well.

degarb: By installing the package referenced by toothandnail you can skip step 1 and move on to step 2.

toothandnail

• Tester
  • Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 01:20:15 pm »

Excellent, toothandnail!!! Thanks for the headsup! I'd expect this package to work for 6.0 as well.

:) Yes, it does. When I originally built it, I also did a 'howto', though it may not be as clear as yours:

http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=6193.0

I've rebuilt the original package under 6.0 standard (not very big, and the build script was already available...). I'll drop it into th e6.0 repos next time I'm doing some repo maintenance. In the meantime, the 5.9 package works find under 6.0.

Paul.

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 07:18:29 pm »

I figured out how to update the original "Windows Networking" in VL6.0 Light so it will work with newer versions of samba.
Find an experimental package here: http://cincinnatix.com/vectorlinux/nightflier/vlsmbmnt-1-noarch-1vl60.tlz

If you want to try it, download the package, then:
Open a root terminal, go to the location where you saved the file and install with:
Code: [Select]
installpkg vlsmbmnt-1-noarch-1vl60.tlz
A neat trick in Linux: Instead of typing everything, use auto-completion. Type:
installpkg vls
and then press the Tab key. It should fill in the rest.
If there are several possibilities, nothing will happen. Press Tab again to see all choices.
Pages: 1 [2]