VectorLinux
August 20, 2014, 11:57:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox 3.7 interface  (Read 874 times)
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« on: February 06, 2010, 01:04:48 pm »

From what I've heard people really like google chrome interface, which sounds quite strange to me, since I can't use it without a great deal of frustration over not being able to, let's say, change page encoding in just a few clicks instead of spending half an hour staring at chrome's 3 button interface. That being said, I was quite shocked when I found out that Firefox is going to switch to chrome-like interface starting with FF 3.7.
Images speek better than words, so here's a screenshot of how FF 3.7 will look like on vista
That I found here.

I couldn't find any *nix screenshots, but I think it will look quite similar.

My question is, do I stand alone is dreading the day of 3.7 release?

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 01:39:50 pm »

I downloaded the version "a2pre" version of FF 3.7 for Linux. Posting from it now. It looks the same as 3.6 on my box. I'm sure it will change some before final release, but suspect that there will be an option for a "Classic" interface.  Grin
Deach
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:04:59 pm »

Well hopefully no matter what they'll still let us configure it.  I'd hope they not take that away or the option for more themes and control of the bars.

Inspiron 4000 Laptop, VL 6.0  600 mhz; 384 ram : Inspiron1100 VL 6.0
Inspiron B120 & B130 Laptop, VL 6.0  1. 4& 1.5  ghz; 1gig ram
IBM Thinkpad Laptop, VL 6.0  1.5 ghz;  1 gig ram
budulay
Packager
Vectorian

NewComer

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:35:53 pm »

I downloaded the version "a2pre" version of FF 3.7 for Linux. Posting from it now. It looks the same as 3.6 on my box. I'm sure it will change some before final release, but suspect that there will be an option for a "Classic" interface.  Grin

That calls for a party on my side Cheesy

Since as much as I like firefox, I would probably switch to opera if they went "chrome".

Quote from: Deach
Well hopefully no matter what they'll still let us configure it.  I'd hope they not take that away or the option for more themes and control of the bars.

I very much hope so, since the freedom to configure firefox in pretty much any way is the main reason why I like it so much. I remember when I upgraded to 3.5 they took the close button off the last tab. Took me quite a bit of googling and messing with about:config to put it back on.

VL6.0-Light@MSI MS-1652(AMD TurionX2 ZM-84 2300 MHZ, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Nvidia GForce 9600M GT, GIGABYTE AirCruiser N300)
Registered Linux user #473602
SlackBuild Repository for VL7.Not much but it's a start. Join in!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: