VectorLinux
April 16, 2014, 02:05:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Login error: "Your session lasted less than ten seconds..."  (Read 649 times)
demigaucher

« on: February 18, 2010, 04:54:44 am »

Hi everibody

From time to time, when logging in, after typing my password, the machine sends
the following error message (translated): Your session did not even last 10 seconds,
etc...

The message waits for acknoledgement: I must click on some "OK" button. I am then
again offered the login screen (GDM), and must repeat the login process: username
and password.

When I initially installed VL one year (?) ago, this incident occurred seldom.
Now, as if my OS had aged ( Huh ), it occurs more and more often, to the point that it is not
uncommon to make three or four attempts  Tongue  before being logged in finally.

My son, who runs VL on a completely different machine, made a similar observation.

Since I was never locked out, I do not consider it to be a serious problem, and never
posted on the subject. Now, as it occurs everyday more often, it is becoming exceedingly
irritating  Angry   specially when in a hurry !

Did somebody observe this strange behaviour ? Is there a cure, apart from re-install
or suffer ?

Demigaucher
old Pentium 3 @ 700 MHz, 384 MB ram
happily   Smiley  running VL6.0 "gold"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: