VectorLinux
April 19, 2014, 01:59:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Sound in Adobe Flash [SOLVED]  (Read 815 times)
Rytz

« on: February 21, 2010, 01:32:14 pm »

Greetings:

I've searched around on the forums but haven't found too much (if anything related to this).  Lots of stuff on the net about browsers and flash, but I don't think this is a browser-specific problem since I can't hear sound through the standalone player either.

The Problem
Sound is not playing through adobe flash 10.  This includes the plugin AND standalone player.  I tried version 9 as well.  Same deal.

I haven't had any other sound issues other than with Adobe Flash.  Streaming audio from DI.FM and individual files play through XMMS just fine.  Sound output from KDE plays just fine.

What I've Read & Tried
Like above, I've read a lot of stuff about tweaks and checking security and audio groups.  Tried a few of those (can't remember the specifics) but nothing has helped.

I did read about libflashsupport but I can't find a source package anywhere.  It's not listed on the gslapt package manager. 

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what to try?  Anyone know where I can get a copy of libflashsupport?

Thanks much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:50:48 pm by rytz » Logged

~ Rytz
Rytz

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 02:49:45 pm »

I was able to get sound working in flash by running alsaconf and setting alsa to use my onboard audio card by default (instead of my PCI-based audio card).

I switched from [Ensoniq ES1370] --to-- [Via Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)]

Sound is playing in the latest version of flash for linux (10) and from everywhere else.  All is good.

~ Rytz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: