VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 05:47:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Poll
Question: How can install an Auctex to run with Emacs?
I need to run LaTeX on emacs, - 0 (0%)
Where is Auctex in the repositories? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: there is Auctex for VL 5.9 SOHO?  (Read 805 times)
juanfer

« on: April 04, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »

Hello world! is my first post in the forum!   I'm a happy Vector Linux user. I have an old laptop (Presario 700, amd duron and 256MB ram...) an works very good with VL 5.9.

Recently I have installed emacs 23 and I have try to get Auctex, but could not find 'em in the repositories (also try to get the .tgz and got the version for slackware, but it did not works)...

How can install an Auctex to run with Emacs in VL?

Astronomy, by the eminence of its subject and the flawlessness of its theories, is the most beautiful monument of the human spirit, the most distinguished decoration of its intellectual achievement.
Pierre-Simon Laplace
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:55:31 am »

Unfortunately, we don't have emacs plugins in the repos.

you'll have to install it manually, using the package here: http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/ .

There's some docs at that site too about installing the package.

Saludos Smiley

juanfer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:37:42 pm »

Thanks kidd,

I willl take the control of my ship in "manual mode" and enjoy the installing ...

saludos...

Astronomy, by the eminence of its subject and the flawlessness of its theories, is the most beautiful monument of the human spirit, the most distinguished decoration of its intellectual achievement.
Pierre-Simon Laplace
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:41:38 pm »

If you get stuck installing it (it requires more steps than moving an .el file to your elisp path) feel free to ask here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: