VectorLinux
September 18, 2014, 07:29:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: x-not started, "no screens" ?  (Read 1292 times)
Windozer
Vectorite

Have Vector Linux, Will Travel.

« on: March 17, 2010, 06:51:35 am »

Hi Folks,

gads it been too long since I've been on the forum - could hardly remember my password - and so I just show up when I need help - aren't I a bad boy?!

OK this problem is likely trivial to understand - put vec on a basic box, but it's got an Nvidia card that drives two monitors.  Everything boots fine on one monitor as you'd expect, until it tries to bring up the multiuser GUI, and trying several times, gives up with the 'no screens' fatal error.

Is this a vid. card device driver problem? (As in, I don't have the right driver?)

thanks folks
- Howard

483,617th Registered Linux Snoozer
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:33:36 am »

Did you try use the vesa driver?
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:43:13 am »

What graphics driver are you using?

I would expect that, if your card is supported, using the proprietary graphics driver will produce the best results and allows you to easily manage both monitors via the nvidia configuration tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: